WORKING PERMIT - Requirements - Passport

Closed Thread

WORKING PERMIT - Requirements - Passport

Hello,

i would need your help people.

I am hopefully soon employed by a firm in Hong Kong. They will arrange a Working Permit with interim ID card for me. Which is great.

I am a little bit worried though, as i am currently with a intermin Passport( vaild one year ) in Hongkong and China.

As my old passport (which is still valid until 2012) had no free pages anymore i needed to get the interim passport from the german embassy.

Would it be an issue that my old passport is full and the other one is just valid one year? If my employer will try to arrange the working permit for me ?
    They told me they got a lot of experience in dealing with working permits, but i didnt want to ask if the one year vaild passport would be an issue.

Maybe you can give me some informations. Surely i will apply for a new "real" passport but it might take up to 6 weeks until i can get that one, so the employer would need to use my one year vaild passport to arrange the permit.

Any advises?

Yes, this is very likely to be an issue with HK Immigration. If my experience is anything to go by, they will tell you that they cannot give you the working visa since it is normally valid for one year and the passport you are using expires in one year. They may ask you to renew your passport first. You will certainly have to ask your employer about it.

I don't think it will be a problem. Apply for a new passport immediately and show the slip you get from the Consulate to the immigration officer. The work visa can be transfered to your new passport later on. It helps to have a second passport - it is perfectly ok with the German Consulate. Just bring a letter from your employer stating that you need a second passport - quite helpful when you travel a lot.

Thanks for your replies. Actually i did already apply for a new passport today. And i might even get it in time when my hopefully new employee will start working on the "working permit"

Thanks for the advise with the two passports, i will try to arrange that once i am settled down and got the job.