Like Tree1Likes

New east line/MTR

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Does anyone know the actual date that KT/ HKU will open?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Latest release: http://www.mtr-westislandline.hk/pdf...28Media%29.pdf

I think they are aiming for end of December, but considering the MTR itself doesn't know...

i note that island line has the western extension stations covered up on the train map displays, I presume the opening date very close, probably as close as next few weeks

Quick question about this line, is it just an extension of the Island line or is it a new line? i.e. is Sheung Wan the interchange station and you will have to change trains, or all the trains will run from Kennedy Town all the way to Chai Wan?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Quick question about this line, is it just an extension of the Island line or is it a new line? i.e. is Sheung Wan the interchange station and you will have to change trains, or all the trains will run from Kennedy Town all the way to Chai Wan?
    Extension.

"As an extension of the Island Line, the WIL requires no interchange at Sheung Wan Station"

Don't know why they keep calling it the West Island Line. Everyone will call it the Island Line extension, then just the Island Line.
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 22-10-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Extension.

"As an extension of the Island Line, the WIL requires no interchange at Sheung Wan Station"

Don't know why they keep calling it the West Island Line. Everyone will call it the Island Line extension, then just the Island Line.
    The blue line!!!!