Like Tree1Likes

New east line/MTR

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New east line/MTR

Hey folks,
    can anyone tell me if the new MTR lines (K-town/PFL) are operational?
    Thank you in advance!

Oops, that is the west-line

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Probably next year for the WEST Line to be fully operational. A number of problems.

http://www.mtr-westislandline.hk/en/...ss-update.html

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 15-09-2014 at 05:48 PM.

The line will open in December, but it is likely Sai ying Pun station will not open until early next year. I have had it said from a reliable source the back-up back-up plan of not opening the whole line will not happen.

Kennedy station will be operational for the December opening.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    The line will open in December, but it is likely Sai ying Pun station will not open until early next year. I have had it said from a reliable source the back-up back-up plan of not opening the whole line will not happen.

Kennedy station will be operational for the December opening.
    Not according to the statement on the website:

"Structural works of the Sai Ying Pun Station are complete while related installation works are underway. Construction of some entrances and their connecting underground passageways are not as advanced as planned due mainly to the delicate ground conditions in the area.

The programme is very tight and there is no buffer time available. As a prudent measure, MTR Corporation is putting in place a back-up plan:

First, in the event that the Sai Ying Pun Station cannot be opened in time, the WIL will still open in December 2014 with trains not stopping at Sai Ying Pun Station. Under this scenario, the opening of Sai Ying Pun Station will follow in the first quarter of 2015.

Second, the Corporation is discussing the back-up plan with the relevant authorities. If Sai Ying Pun Station is not ready for December 2014 and the back-up plan proves not to be feasible, then full opening of WIL will take place in the first quarter of 2015.

The Corporation will be monitoring project progress very closely over the next few months. An announcement will be made in October 2014 to confirm the exact WIL opening date and whether the back-up plan would be necessary."

It says they will decide which of two options they will decide in October:

1. If SYP is ready, entire line opened in 2014.
    1. Open line end of 2014 without SYP station, which will then open in 2015; or
    2. If SYP isn't ready they may decide to delay opening entire line until 2015.

So basically they haven't decided yet.
    Last edited by pin; 15-09-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    imparanoic likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtmesome:
    Hey folks,
    can anyone tell me if the new MTR lines (K-town/PFL) are operational?
    Thank you in advance!
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Not according to the statement on the website:

"Structural works of the Sai Ying Pun Station are complete while related installation works are underway. Construction of some entrances and their connecting underground passageways are not as advanced as planned due mainly to the delicate ground conditions in the area.

The programme is very tight and there is no buffer time available. As a prudent measure, MTR Corporation is putting in place a back-up plan:

First, in the event that the Sai Ying Pun Station cannot be opened in time, the WIL will still open in December 2014 with trains not stopping at Sai Ying Pun Station. Under this scenario, the opening of Sai Ying Pun Station will follow in the first quarter of 2015.

Second, the Corporation is discussing the back-up plan with the relevant authorities. If Sai Ying Pun Station is not ready for December 2014 and the back-up plan proves not to be feasible, then full opening of WIL will take place in the first quarter of 2015.

The Corporation will be monitoring project progress very closely over the next few months. An announcement will be made in October 2014 to confirm the exact WIL opening date and whether the back-up plan would be necessary."

It says they will decide which of two options they will decide in October:

1. If SYP is ready, entire line opened in 2014.
    1. Open line end of 2014 without SYP station, which will then open in 2015; or
    2. If SYP isn't ready they may decide to delay opening entire line until 2015.

So basically they haven't decided yet.
    I have read the statement correctly, but I was not quoting the statement when I made my statement, if you don't mind me stating the obvious.

The back-up plan is that the line will open in December, but Sai Ying Pun will not. The back-up back-up plan is that nothing will open until first quarter 2015.

As I said, I have it from a very reliable source that the back-up back-up plan will not be needed.

The back-up back-up plan is more along the lines of a 'I will not get shat on from above, cover all bases now' plan. All necessary bases were actually covered with the back-up plan number 1, and this is proceeding comfortably towards West Island opening in December, with SYP to follow.

In short Kim s husband work on the project ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    In short Kim s husband work on the project ;-)
    Oooh, that meaning me be nice to you to get things done (concerning MTR)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtmesome:
    Oops, that is the west-line
    it's actually western extension of the hk island line

east rail is from hung hom to lo wu/lok ma chau

west rail is from hung hom to tuen mun

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast