Anyone know of any Croatian/Slovenian/Bosnian/Serbian businesses in HK?

Closed Thread

Smile Anyone know of any Croatian/Slovenian/Bosnian/Serbian businesses in HK?

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to HK next month and have been hunting for jobs online. My background is Eastern European, and was wondering if anyone knows of any business people, or businesses in HK that deal with either Croatia/Bosnia/Serbia/Slovenia?

Also, once in HK, what is the best way to search for jobs? I'm looking for something in communications (media), marketing, sales as well as consulting.

Any information would be immensly appreciated!!

Can't wait to hear from you!

Best bets are to start with the consulates and then the local chambers of commerce for the countries you're interested in.

Also, the Trade Development Council hktdc.com will have some leads for you in terms of who is leading the import export scene into those countries.

And also don't tell immigration that you are "moving to Hong Kong" when you arrive - that is illegal without an appropriate visa and may result in you being refused entry.

Response to PDLM

Thank you for the information - I looked for diffrerent chambers in HK but I didn't find much. I'll definitely try again.

Do you know of a website that, by any chance, has all the contact information about the various chambers and consulates in HK?

I don't think passport holders of ex-yugoslav countries get the 90-day visa (maybe only Slovenia), so you wont have much time once you get here. That is unless you hold an Israeli passport. Why not try that angle?
    http://hongkong.mfa.gov.il/
    The Israeli Government's Official Website, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Last edited by chimo; 02-09-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Chimo

Actually, I am also a Canadian citizen which allows me to stay in HK for 3 months without requiring a visa. I just thought that approaching ex-yugoslav countries would give me an angle. But, it's really difficult to locate them.

Anyways though, thanks for your help. If you think of someone, please let me know.