Job portals in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Job portals in HK

Hi I'm an retail professional with about 10+ yrs experience in retail buying/ planning and store operations. Got here with my husband who is working here and now I am also looking for a job here. Can any one help in telling which are the job portals here Whr I can upload my CV n look for relevant jobs. Any leads plz.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

jobsdb.com, classifiedpost,com, monster.com.hk, plus recruitment agencies. Linkedin.com also.

Sm ths.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 23-10-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Agreed with Claire. The platforms that work best in HK are jobsdb.com and LinkedIn. Others are fine too but slightly less popular.

Good luck with your new job!

Drop me a PM with your CV - maybe I can help with your search.

Jobsdb is a good one to start. You may wanna think twice before sending your info to hk recruitment agency. Some of them are always posting job ads, but they never really helped in anyway, they're just using you to fill their "quota" and they can get pretty annoying with their phone calls, I made this really annoying mistake and this agency kept calling me daily for two weeks and then once a week for a whole year, I honestly don't know how they operates, just don't let them harass you and good luck with your job hunting.

Sent from my iPad touch using GeoClicks

Out of 20 job agencies I've worked with, maybe 2 have shown useful in any way.
    They call you up, ask you to meet, waste 2 hours of your time... then never call back. If they don't have an immediate position for you, they'll forget you!

Quote Originally Posted by HK-dude:
    Out of 20 job agencies I've worked with, maybe 2 have shown useful in any way.
    They call you up, ask you to meet, waste 2 hours of your time... then never call back. If they don't have an immediate position for you, they'll forget you!
    So agencies in every city/country are the same then.

Recruit.net - We help people find jobs in Hong Kong

This is a good "one search" site for mining a number of job portals, headhunters and corporate careers pages.

If you are looking for part time and retail jobs, you can check out
    ECJobsonline.com and jiujik.com too.
    Have luck in your job hunting

I hear ya about recruitment agents, but just to give a balanced picture I have gotten all 3 of my jobs in HK via recruitment agents (Robert Half and Michael Page).

In my last job search, in order of preference I used jobsdb, linkedin, classified post, efinancial careers, recruit. I found monster totally useless but usefulness might be specific to your industry (I am in accounting and finance).

Good luck!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast