has anyone found a job in hk during the last 3 months?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I also just moved to Hong Kong to look for a job. But it seems pretty difficult. I wanted to attend a drink of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce, but they just cancelled the drink in October, with the first upcoming drink in November, but I can't wait for so long.
    Even though I have a HKID card, but still I don't know my position (meaning the interest from HK companies) as a starter in HK...

Quote Originally Posted by Chau:
    I also just moved to Hong Kong to look for a job. But it seems pretty difficult. I wanted to attend a drink of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce, but they just cancelled the drink in October, with the first upcoming drink in November, but I can't wait for so long.
    Even though I have a HKID card, but still I don't know my position (meaning the interest from HK companies) as a starter in HK...
    the consider going to AmCham, Oriented, BritCham, CanCham, GreenDrinks, but do not limit your networking for a job a search to "Happy Hours" & "Drink Nights" attend one of the lunch seminars with your business card.

Quote Originally Posted by Chau:
    It's alright, I am with you...though not 3 months, just started a few days ago....At least we are on the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfRunner:
    Hate networking events....
    Me too, I don"t like going esp to those bars whatever> Conferences? I might barely make it.

does anyone know if these networking/drinks/etc...places are actually really useful??

anyway, just so you all know, i started this thread and I decided to answer my own question - no i haven't found a job and the headhunters told me the market is down atm so i'm back in sydney and even the market in sydney aint going so well either...a lot of companies have head freeze! i might have to temp for a while.

so everyone else, all the best and good luck! i hope u guys have better luck than i did!

I haven't found anything yet. Actually i gave myself 2 more month in China (with my current employer) - But i am thinking about going to Hong Kong for two month instead. Try Networking and some Recruitment Firms.

The Problem is - if i stop my current job in china and move to hongkong for giving it a try... I would need to be able to survive with about 12.000 HKD a month, which makes it hard to decide if i should make this step. Considering the Accomondation will be a huge problem...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4