Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By imparanoic

Newbie to forum - Surely not another Tefl related question........

Closed Thread

Newbie to forum - Surely not another Tefl related question........

Hi all,

New to the forum and after some advice.

If it has been answered before, I apologise and please point me in the right direction.

So, I am moving from the UK to HK in early January with my wife who is a HK id holder.

I have my dependent visa approved and ready to be used.

My wife's family have sorted out some accommodation for us near Yuen Long.

I have just finished a Trinity Cert TESOL course in preparation for arriving in HK.

However, I do not have a degree.

I have experience in Automotive engineering, 13 years, and more recently I have 4 years experience of business after I set up and now sold my own gift shop business.

My question is in regards to English tutoring jobs in HK. A lot of them specify a degree.
    Is this more a requirement of Visa entry than an employer requirement?

Any advice or suggestions regarding this would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Thanks........

Basically the answer seems to be that the visa department usually require a University degree (in addition to a TEFL) unless you have significant relevant experience.

you can set up a garage, English speaking garage even in NT, there will be demand

wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    you can set up a garage, English speaking garage even in NT, there will be demand
    The fact that he has gone to the trouble of retraining himself would seem to indicate that he doesn't want to continue down the automotive route. Still, makes for a good backup plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    The fact that he has gone to the trouble of retraining himself would seem to indicate that he doesn't want to continue down the automotive route. Still, makes for a good backup plan.

Thanks for the responses.....

Unless there is a factory building cars in the NT's, then I think i will have to focus on other areas.....

Quote Originally Posted by smithers:
    Thanks for the responses.....

Unless there is a factory building cars in the NT's, then I think i will have to focus on other areas.....
    maybe, set a garage building kit cars for wealthy people here