Like Tree22Likes

How much I can save with X salary in Shenzhen or Honkong?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by raulp:
    my job will be in Shenzhen,But i read in forum that one option is to stay in HK and commute back and forth if you want to see Indian faces.
    Forget this : it's technically possible but doing it every day is not realistic due how busy the border is now :notwithstanding you will have visa issues hindering you . It's expensive too . I do it because I don't have a choice . It's only me and a whole pile of construction workers that do this . I know all the regulars

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    Forget this : it's technically possible but doing it every day is not realistic due how busy the border is now :notwithstanding you will have visa issues hindering you . It's expensive too . I do it because I don't have a choice . It's only me and a whole pile of construction workers that do this . I know all the regulars
    Are you PR, or do you run the risk?

Pr with apec: even then it's a trial crossing : behind a tour group at Wonggong at death death oclock 6am yesterday one slow counter : China side : queue jumping : not fun !

I did the daily trip back and forth to SZ for 3 years in one of my previous jobs, 2 chops in my passport daily, filling in the bloody forms, getting on and off the Yellow cross border bus, IT WAS NOT FUN.

Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    I did the daily trip back and forth to SZ for 3 years in one of my previous jobs, 2 chops in my passport daily, filling in the bloody forms, getting on and off the Yellow cross border bus, IT WAS NOT FUN.
    Lets ease that pain and hassle, why not share the warm embrace of the motherland by getting rid of that border. Don't you feel better without custom and immigration? What could possibly go wrong with that?

Cough...sorry...I just took some brainwashing pills from watching the PLA boy scouts in HK.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    Pr with apec: even then it's a trial crossing : behind a tour group at Wonggong at death death oclock 6am yesterday one slow counter : China side : queue jumping : not fun !
    Sounds excruciating!

Quote Originally Posted by ray98:
    Down-sides - uncivil behaviour like aversion to orderly queuing, spitting, etc; public toilets are squat jobs, food safety issues, fake notes (even of low denomination), and the snatching, extortion scams, pick pocketing, beggars, etc.
    This may not be viewed quite the same way if you start in India!
    Cho-man likes this.

The indian community is quite well developed in Shenzhen and Guangzhou. Primarily trading companies and their employees.

Unless you're a senior level recruit, your salary will most probably be factored for Shenzhen. I know a rather senior level executive from GeoExpat who had to commute to Shenzhen 4 or 5 days a week, simply because they can. Their company hired them in HK, arranged for all the paper work in China and had arranged for a car to drive them through (along with a couple of other senior people) the border. Not something most people can manage to pull off or enjoy.

With an Indian passport and long term China visa, you'll have no problems entering HK on the weekends if and when you need to - crowds at the immigration lines may be a problem.

Last edited by shri; 28-01-2015 at 06:40 PM.

edit: (10%) on rest of the things.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3