Like Tree10Likes

Places with wifi, outlets that's good for working, not coffee shops

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Places with wifi, outlets that's good for working, not coffee shops

Hi everyone, I'll be studying in Hong Kong for a month. I'm living in a teeny, tiny apartment with four other people, which I guess isn't unusual, but I share a bunk bed in the smallest room so I don't have any space to myself for studying, etc. There isn't even space for my roommate and I to both stand in our bedroom. That's how cramped it is.

Can someone please recommend a place I can go do work that has wifi for more than 30 minutes, where I don't have to worry about getting kicked out even if I spend 4-5 hours? Places with wifi and power outlets would be even better. I've tried going to coffee shops, but the wifi is limited and I don't drink coffee anyway so coffee shops are not at all ideal. I would prefer to not spend the money on a drink I don't want in the first place. I've tried going to the library study room, but that was just depressing.

I live right by Wan Chai station so somewhere nearby there would be great.

Hope I'm not asking for too much. TIA!!

Which library study rooms have you tried?

East_coast likes this.

The one in Wanchai. Looking for something a little more casual and comfortable than a huge study room.

Central Library in Causeway Bay should serve your purpose.

Have you tried the Central Library in CWB?

If you are willing to pay a small monthly fee, then I would highly recommend The Hive, it will be just what you have been looking for, as its a great environment ie quiet and it wont be a cram. You'll also be given high speed internet and access to light snack and hot/cold refreshments, lounge, conference room etc etc etc etc

the Hive - hotdesk and co worker office space in Hong Kong

The Hive looks nice but given that the OP is not happy spending $30-odd dollars on a coffee per day, I'm not sure they will be happy spending $2800 a month (as a minimum) there. Unless they have cheaper membership plans?

Apple Stores

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Thanks for the suggestions so far! I went to the Central library and it would have been nice except that it was packed. I checked all 10 floors and couldn't find an open spot at a table.

Jmbf, you're right. I'm not interested in paying for somewhere to go.

Just need an escape from my tiny apartment. Anywhere I can hangout and do some work for free would be terrific!

Also been to the Apple store at IFC and didn't see any wifi available.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast