Like Tree43Likes

11000 hkd sAlary is it enough?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by janella_j
    Have a masters degree in early childhood. Finished academic requirements for masters in language education and have a teaching experience of 3 years
    Seems like you are very very underpaid in that case.
    Fiona in HKG and chingleutsch like this.

About this... uhmm when i emailed the contract i signed every page and save it in pdf form and then i had to send a hard copy to the company with every page signed..

As horrible as it sounds, when it comes to Hong Kong immigration department, being from phillipines will also make things harder.

Hope it works out for you, but I wouldn't be overly confident unless they increase the salary significantly.

That what im worried about but i need an experience in working abroad.. because some companies would tell me that they would offer me a job however they can't because of paper works.. so hmmm

Yes im going to teach english

Quote Originally Posted by janella_j
    That what im worried about but i need an experience in working abroad.. because some companies would tell me that they would offer me a job however they can't because of paper works.. so hmmm
    Those ones are at least being honest with you.

Bottom line is regardless of qualifications (which seem to be very good), you need to earn in the region of $20k and if you are coming to teach English, you should be native level. As Joe also said, unfortunately your passport will be held against you in the eyes of the Immigration Department.

Regarding flat share, I see posts from your fellow Filipinos looking to hire rooms out for 1500 - 2000 a month so if you do manage to get a visa then it shouldnt be a problem for you to get rent a room. Let me know if you need help in this when you get your visa approved.

Good Luck.

janella_j likes this.

Mat

OP - do you have anything to lose?

If not, give it a try and see how it goes.

If you do not get the visa, tough luck...if you get it, come over work for a few months...and switch to a better paid job.

No one here can tell you if you will get the visa....yeah yeah will all read that around the 20K mark is the usual but..there is no hard rule....so if you have nothing to lose, why not try.

11K is low if you have to pay for accomodation and all but doable (4 K flat share for example - leaves you 7K which should be fine).

Be aware tho, odds are against you...but if we were to stop each time odds are against us...we wouldnt go very far wouldnt we.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Sure have a go. But at 11K, the employer is underpaying you. This is McD's wages.

chingleutsch and janella_j like this.

It's not enough. Don't come. You'll live a horrible life, eating awful food and not being able to enjoy life in a foreign country.

Skyhook likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast