Like Tree43Likes

11000 hkd sAlary is it enough?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thumbs down 11000 hkd sAlary is it enough?

Im going to work as a teacher in a tutoring center and im from the philippines. Im wondering if i can live by with a 11000 hkd base salary with no allowances.. I've seen flatshare that costs about 3000-4000 hkd. Can i live by with 7000hkd per month if i disregard housing expenses? I dont intend living luxuriously..

do u need a work visa to work in HK. 11k will not get u a visa.

11000 is very hard to get by on but can be done.

11000 hkd sAlary is it enough?

Yes you can survive on 11K. There are several other threads on here with similar discussions. However, as mentioned above I don't think you will get a working visa for such a low salary.

Yep i need a working visa.. i tried to make it higher but the company doesnt want to since there are incentives like if u have 50 active students u'l get additional 2000 hkd .. something like that..... well that's what they said..

I dont know but the company was able to hire overseas worker before.. so any way if immigration rejects my visa due to low salary i do hope the company makes my salary higher .

Last edited by janella_j; 17-04-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The minimum we often hear for an employment visa is around the $15-20,000 pm mark, usually nearer the $20K.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

What do you teach? Qualifications?

I think they're going to justify it by the 'incentives' of the company.. which i dont want to rely on because theyre very dependent on the availability of the students

Have a masters degree in early childhood. Finished academic requirements for masters in language education and have a teaching experience of 3 years

That still won't get you through. As you've said yourself, it's not a guaranteed payment and that's what they're looking at.

Of course one little trick is to give you one contract for Immigration (at a higher salary) and one at your actual salary. DO NOT trust any employer willing to do that.

Are you coming here to teach English? Your posts indicate you're not at native level.

Last edited by Fiona in HKG; 17-04-2015 at 03:16 PM. Reason: ...one more question....
    shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast