Dilemma Dilemma on job hunting

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Have you tried speaking to headhunters? They can assess your skill set and potential against the market demand.

The downside is that if they all give you the vibes they have nothing for you then it may depress you more.

Last edited by ray98; 24-04-2015 at 08:48 PM.

First things first

Get your foot in the door, work a banking doing help desk and get in that way.

Study part time and network your butt off.
    It's all about who you know not what you know in this town

Whatever job you get in finance will be grunt work, plus you're competing with fresh graduates who potential employers see as more moldable (exploitable) than you are. CFA is too far away, 3 years assuming you sail through everyone. Back in the day, I passed level 1, barely failed level 2. Even with it, you're crunching numbers and researching for fund managers and even then you're competing against new graduates. Besides if memory serves me correctly you have to be working in the industry already to start the CFA. Like your manager has to sign off on the application or something like that. Since your English is impeccable and I'm assuming you're Chinese why not consider Shenzhen or Guangzhou? Yes, huge drop in lifestyle quality but you did make it sound like you're pretty stoic in terms of life. Alternatively, get a grunt job and also start online business again, but this time not eBay but Amazon. Source one item and sell the hell out of it. 10K HKD is about 1300 USD. That's about 40 USD you're aiming to make per day from sales. Not that hard. Also I think that 30K is maybe unrealistic. In this day and this economy that is. Sorry to be so blunt about it. Just my opinion. Getting back to customer support, it's crap work but some people thrive at it. I did. As long you find a company where the daily call quotas aren't that high. IMO 40 calls incoming per day is reasonable. That allows you to take your time with customers. With that salary start your business. I advise online business because overhead is low and whether you keep inventory is up to you. A lot of people I know in Shenzhen buy after they received their order. They're not rich but several hundred USD per day is within the scope of what's possible. Anyway good luck. Cheers

Original Post Deleted
    Oops my bad. Thank you.