Like Tree3Likes

Full time play group teacher salary

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My opinion is that's a normal salary for playgroup, but you could consider yourself over qualified.

Maybe try applying for a job teaching English at a uni, or try for the NET scheme, etc. You can earn a lot more than 20k with your qualifications.

I don't think they necessarily want to get rid of you, but you never know. Summer is their busy season and coming up soon, and if their teacher is leaving for a month or two, they may want a replacement. Make sure you read the contract for any tricks, like penalties for you to quit versus easy way out of them when they want to terminate the contract.

Starting soon I think is common, as they most likely have a need now to hire someone. 20k is on the lower side. You could do part-time working 3 days a week and make 20k pretty easily. Just explain that you need 25k and move on to the next option. Because you should be able to get closer to 30k. (You already said 25k so don't go back and ask for more) After all, these jobs are a dime a dozen.

jmbf and Fiona in HKG like this.