Like Tree4Likes

Tutoring in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    . She is not an illegal immigrant as she still has a visa..
    I said she will be if she chooses this path.

She did not say she was going to work illegally but was sensibly enquiring whether it was illegal.
    Follow the line of thinking here. Why would one ask if one wasn't thinking or intending to do it?

If you were in the UK you would be a signed up member of UKIP I am sure.
    What has this got to do with anything? The law is the law, you are not a citizen you are a guest of Hong Kong and China. As a guest you should respect the laws and customs of the nation you are living in. The law applies to EVERYBODY, even to those individuals who think they are above it.

Go on have a read of this:

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/e...nglish-teacher

Who was in the wrong here? Yet he plays all victim and those darned racist Chinese people! Deporting me for breaking the law and not paying for stuff!
    Last edited by Leetenghui; 15-06-2015 at 12:26 AM.
    Enderman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetenghui:

Follow the line of thinking here. Why would one ask if one wasn't thinking or intending to do it?
    Follow the line of thinking yourself. If she is asking whether it is illegal then we can assume that this is a factor in her decision. You seem to be assuming it isn't.

Follow the line of thinking yourself. If she is asking whether it is illegal then we can assume that this is a factor in her decision. You seem to be assuming it isn't.

I take a different view of individuals ask things often not because they are deciding but because they have already made their minds up and are seeking individuals to justify their decisions, perhaps even to blame others.

I also loathe the attitude displayed on other forum about on it's only China f*** this place it doesn't matter. Yet in the same breath are harsh about individuals who think the same way about their homelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetenghui:
    I take a different view of individuals ask things often not because they are deciding but because they have already made their minds up and are seeking individuals to justify their decisions, perhaps even to blame others.

I also loathe the attitude displayed on other forum about on it's only China f*** this place it doesn't matter. Yet in the same breath are harsh about individuals who think the same way about their homelands.
    Guilty until proven innocent in other words. You have made a large assumption then based on that have insulted someone with no real evidence to back it up. You seem to have a big chip on your shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Guilty until proven innocent in other words. You have made a large assumption then based on that have insulted someone with no real evidence to back it up. You seem to have a big chip on your shoulder.
    No real evidence???

Can you please provide me with details on consequences.
    aka, I want to know if it's worth the risk.

Oh come on. The OP is clearly weighing up whether or not it's worth the risk to work illegally and that is exactly what illegal workers do in other countries...why would she enquire if she weren't prepared to work illegally if the reward outweighs the risk?

Who are you to criticise the leetenghui's response?

Try to imagine we are on a forum in England and the O.P. is a foreigner enquiring about the risks of working illegally...sorry, you simply can't criticise leetenghui's response.

And Hull...your comment:

She is not an illegal immigrant as she still has a visa.
    Was in response to this factual statement:

I suggest that you leave Hong Kong once your visa expires.
    Especially is leetenghui is a local, I'm not sure we have any right to be critical.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    She's doing more than asking if it's illegal, she's asking what the consequences are...that suggests she's weighing up the risk v the reward.

Don't get me wrong...leetenghui came on a little strong, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Enderman:
    She's doing more than asking if it's illegal, she's asking what the consequences are...that suggests she's weighing up the risk v the reward.

Don't get me wrong...leetenghui came on a little strong, sure.
    Fair enough, you have a point there.