So a little background, my buddy is in his early 30's and basically worked for big FMCG (Consumer Goods) companies since graduation from Canada. Graduated in Business, got his CPA, and worked in various Mid-Finance roles in Canada and Hong Kong (ie: Financial Analyst, Finance Lead, Finance Manager). He's not tied down with anyone, and he makes an above average salary (60K+ a month).

I recently noticed he's been tired and not interested in what he does (he's more of a friendly people person - so Finance, in my opinion, doesn't really suit him that much). He recently asked me about switching careers into maybe HR, Talent Acquisition, or being a Recruiter. Anything that involves talking and interacting with people. Taking a pay cut isn't a big deal for him either - as he believes he will work hard and will work his way back up to a higher wage.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on his career switch? Unfortunately I do not have any experience in being in HR / Recruitment.

Would also appreciate if anyone has any other career suggestions for him to explore?

Thanks in advance!