Thank you Joan for all the info!
What does the exam consist of if you don't mind me asking...4 papers? and the practical exam?
Am glad you are doing well...all the ads I see from here all require English/Cantonese speakers but I guess it's different once you get there. My specialty is Oncology-chemo infusion and radiation.
Yes,thanks, best to learn cantonese, one of my greatest regrets as I lived there for 8 years prior...in the days before Rosetta Stone and the like..my job kept me travelling constantly.
A

Quote Originally Posted by Bouttelljf:
Hello
To nurse in HK you need your Hong Kong Nursing License; this does sadly not just involve paperwork. You first contact the Nursing Council of Hong Kong their website is www.nchk.org.hk and then you give them all the paperwork they request. Once they have accepted this they will allow you to sit the nursing exam which takes place in March each year and is a all day affair with four papers to pass. Many nurses do fly in especially for this exam. After this you wait for 4 months for them to tell you if you have passed or failed and then they give you a date for a practical exam to my memory this takes place in September and January each year. Once you have done the practical exam then you wait 3 months to hear if you have passed this. They then issue you with your license to practice in HK. There are international hospitals here where English is spoken but would strongly advise learning Cantonese as that is the language all the nurses informally talk in and it can be a bit isolating not to speak that language. I am currently employed as a nurse here and enjoy it very much but have started to learn Cantonese.
Hope this helps
Regards
Joan