Like Tree20Likes

Religious discrimination

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I saw that too and just thought it was a very weird ad, and wondered if the poster really meant the "born again" part, or if she really meant "Christian".

Original Post Deleted
    Aren't FDH not excluded from basically all laws?

Can't speak to the legality of it, but why would anyone want to work for someone like that anyway?

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by j r:
    Can't speak to the legality of it, but why would anyone want to work for someone like that anyway?
    Yeah, legality and ethics aside, it might be a useful tool for sorting who does and doesn't want to go together.

I'm an admin on a FB group and regularly get this woman looking for a God fearing DH.

Her posts are always deleted as soon as I see them

Stu79 and Claire ex-ax like this.

While I don't believe in religious crap I can understand why some people would care about the religious leanings of someone living in their house and looking after their kids. Each to their own.

merchantms likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    In a "normal business", no. But for an FDH who will live in your home, I think that's different. In a perfect world, religion would not exist and everyone would be more enlighten. But it's not a perfect world and your home is not a workplace and people have to be comfortable within their own homes. People are able to choose to send their children to religious schools, I don't see why chosing a religious FDH is much different.
    Last edited by HK_Katherine; 30-07-2015 at 02:27 PM.
    Cwbguy and ummbongo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    In a "normal business", no. But for an FDH who will live in your home, I think that's different. In a perfect world, religion would not exist and everyone would be more enlighten. But it's not a perfect world and your home is not a workplace and people have to be comfortable within their own homes. People are able to choose to send their children to religious schools, I don't see why chosing a religious FDH is much different.
    I actually agree with this - if it's someone who will be living in your home and spending significant time with your kids, I can understand you wanting them to live with, or at least support, the same values and beliefs you do. Particularly if you're a born-again Christian, since they can be rather... enthusiastic about that sort of thing - but I'd imagine a born-once Christian would be good enough for most people, so asking explicitly for a born-again seems unnecessary.
    chingleutsch and Cwbguy like this.

Original Post Deleted
    I'll add my +1 to the group that says this is not just employment - its a person that will live under the same roof. The practices, beliefs, age, gender and the cultural background of the employee are very important in that dynamic.

I think they have just worded it poorly. Eschewing the Gina Ford method of child rearing, we hope perspective employees will be familiar with the Born Again method. Knowledge of the Lord’s Prayer, familiarity with current gospel music along with at least 7 out of 10 commandments would be an advantage to potential applicants. Duties include, watching out the devil and his minions, praying with the child at every opportunity and vigilantly ensuring the Lord’s name is not taken in vain.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast