Like Tree80Likes

why do you wanna work in Hk?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

If your a dude anywhere in Asia, life seems pretty awesome. If your a lone chick out here in Asia, u have to figure out how to fill in the gaps or else become an alcoholic. Even makung friends w a single human i have anything in common with is pretty much impossible. Atleast i have job though! Brits treat Americans like crap out here too..

Quote Originally Posted by katrinak.:
    why do u guys wanna work in hk?
    I want to know why you want to use wanna.

Perhaps we should refocus the thread a little...to be more specific. Why do you want to come to HK APART from money and paying the bills?

As for OP, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but much as you want to leave HK, just so you know, the grass ain't always greener over there, work-wise.

Last edited by Cho-man; 19-08-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shannonC:
    If your a dude anywhere in Asia, life seems pretty awesome. If your a lone chick out here in Asia, u have to figure out how to fill in the gaps or else become an alcoholic. Even makung friends w a single human i have anything in common with is pretty much impossible. Atleast i have job though! Brits treat Americans like crap out here too..
    Wow.....Generalise much?
    Stu79 likes this.

Strictly from a personal growth perspective, HK is definitely one of the best places to be for young ambitious people (assuming you can solve the housing issue). Always been told that spending 1 year in HK is the equivalent of 3-4 years worth of life experience in other developed countries. Now, I personally believe it's true after having spent over 2 years here.

There's a good mix of everything here, and you'll have plenty of chances to encounter both the best and the worst people/situations in life (partly thanks to high population density + fast-paced culture). If you can survive in HK and curve a place for yourself here, then you can pretty much survive anywhere else in the world (figuratively speaking).

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    I want to know why you want to use wanna.

I blame the Spice Girls.
    emx and Cho-man like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    I blame the Spice Girls.
    Spice Girls are so...90's.

I'm a Brit and some of my best friends here are american
    Stu79 likes this.

As a single female, I just don't "get" this at all. Was it easier to make friends before social media or even mobile phones (as life was when I moved here in my 20s?).

I can't speak for whichever area of the USA you come from, Shannon, but I find HK a whole lot more accepting of an unattached professional woman than even the larger cities in Australia. My social circle has widened enormously here, and continues to stretch!

Would definitely suggest that you lose the attitude towards Brits - nobody wants to be friends with someone with a chip on their shoulder. Get OUT of your comfort zone; don't try to retreat further into it.

You sound lovely..maybe thats why it aint eaay..
    Cho-man likes this.