Internet Privacy at Company Accommodation

Closed Thread

Internet Privacy at Company Accommodation

Hi all,

I am a new expat in HK. I am currently staying at a company accommodation and the company pays for my internet service. I am concerned with the issue of internet privacy.

Does anyone know if it is possible/legal for the company to gain access to my browsing data directly or indirectly through the internet provider?

Many thanks in advance!

Use a vpn if you are concerned.

Or buy a data plan for your phone

either you are a spy and work for the FBI or you are paranoid!!!

oooo, i got it. i understand now. sorry.

It's always possible but the question is do they want to. Typically if you've done something wrong. The ISP isn't the only question, are you using a work computer, that would be irrespective of the ISP. I wouldn't worry about the ISP directly but more so on whether the equipment you are using is yours or not.

Thanks all for the replies. I am currently using a personal laptop but accessing the internet using connection paid by company. Dumbdonkey's right, I'm mainly paranoid that browsing history (e.g. checking up new job postings) might send the wrong message and have a negative impact on me at work.

I can't believe you are looking at new job postings so soon, Sam. After all I've done for you. You're fired.