Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By annabelbc

15 year old looking for part-time work

Closed Thread

15 year old looking for part-time work

Hi

I'm currently looking for a part-time job for the weekends or after school but as I only speak English I'm not sure what jobs would be open to me - any suggestions?

As I'm a Native English speaker and I love kids, I was considering going into tutoring for children under the age of 10 but I'm not sure if parents would be willing to hire a teenager with no previous experience to tutor their kids when they could hire a professional at a centre (although I would admittedly have cheaper prices).

I was also thinking about babysitting but in Hong Kong it seems to be very hard to find someone who doesn't have a helper who can watch the kids.

Any suggestions or advice would be welcome

Thank you so much,

Annabel

Tutoring sounds like a good idea. Many university students tutor but as a Native speaker (white foreigner?) you should be able to get some students. What district are you in as I imagine different districts may also offer some different opportunities? Have you considered car washing or cleaning? Its tough because if you were back in your home country you would have a lot more options. While many foreigners have domestic helpers there are many like myself who do not but would be willing to pay someone to take care of a few jobs here and there.

There are still plenty of options.
    Post an introduction here : https://www.facebook.com/groups/HongKongTeenPT/

Hi!

Thank you so much for your message I live in Tai Po but I'm fine with working in most places on Hong Kong Island or in Kowloon side. I have considered car-washing and cleaning but with most people having helpers it seems like a small market!

If you (or any of your friends!) have a job you'd like doing please don't hesitate to message me

Annabel

Last edited by annabelbc; 12-12-2015 at 09:10 PM.

Hi Howard,

Thank you so much for messaging! This group looks really helpful - I've just joined and posted an introduction so fingers crossed!

Annabel

HowardCoombs likes this.