Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Claire ex-ax
  • 1 Post By jmbf

Sport coach

Closed Thread

Sport coach

Hi all,

I have a question;
    At the moment I'm in Hong Kong with my girlfriend. I m trying to start my own business. With this business the emigration won t give me a visa. In the meantime I would like to earn some money. Therefore I m applaying for a job as sport coach. Big change they will hire me for a couple of hours a week. But same story; they wont give me a visa for this.

Last night I talked to a english guy who told me that it would not be a problem. They will give me a contract and pay me cash. When people ask me if I work there I must say: no, I am just helping.

In the meantime I will marry my girlfriend and I will receive a dependant visa. Problems solved, right?

No one to help?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

It is illegal to work in Hong Kong without a relevant visa.

It is illegal to do 'voluntary work' in Hong Kong without a relevant visa, or permission from the Director of Immigration.

The employer could be fined and jailed.

You could be fined and jailed - and even thrown out of Hong Kong for up to three years.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 21-12-2015 at 03:32 PM.
    emx and shri like this.

Its very quick, easy and cheap to get married in Hong Kong. Just do it asap and get the dependents visa. January 4th is coming up. Most locals don't want to get married on the 4th because it is unlucky. You might be able to get an appointment then.

Sport coaching is good, but only if your students can understand your English well.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakice_bb:
    Sport coaching is good, but only if your students can understand your English well.
    Sports coaching is a very broad field, those who are professional and offer a good service can do quite well. I have friends who coach swimming and tennis and they do quite well. On the other hand, I just saw on TV last night a programme about a football coach who was struggling to make ends meet, worked long hours, lived in a 100 sq ft flat etc etc - it didn't look so great!
    Anna&R likes this.