Like Tree7Likes

Applying for a job with international schools...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    I assume you are talking about local schools? The schools my kids go to are far from that.
    I doubt it

It doesn't strike anyone else that the original post was a bit too close to "can you write my school essay for me" <cut and paste essay question> for comfort?

Not really what I'd want to see from a teacher.

imparanoic and Editor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by King Wally:
    I doubt it
    Why would you doubt it? I understand most if not all things about Hong Kong are overrated. However, the one and perhaps only redeeming quality to this city is the quality of the international schools. The school my kids attend rival the private schools in NYC, and that is saying a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by King Wally:
    In HK schools all they want to know is that you will kowtow to everyone one rung on the ladder higher than you, that you do exactly as you are told, never ask tricky questions and basically be a box ticking yes man.

It helps if you don't value common sense too.
    For teachers, whether this is true will depend on the boss and the board. And it doesn't depend whether it's a "local" or "international" school, although if it's a "parallel streams" school like FIS or GSIS, you also get the extra dynamic of interplay between the heads of the different language streams.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    It doesn't strike anyone else that the original post was a bit too close to "can you write my school essay for me" <cut and paste essay question> for comfort?

Not really what I'd want to see from a teacher.
    Apologies if it came off that way, I've re-read it and see what you mean.

Anyway, I have that application in along with a ton of others so fingers crossed!