Overseas Lawyers Qualification Exams 2016

Overseas Lawyers Qualification Exams 2016

Hi,

I'm an Australian lawyer and a candidate for the 2016 OLQE. I am required to sit all heads of exams except for the oral exam (e.g. 5 exams in total).

I would be grateful if anyone could recommend or advise of any feedback they have heard with respect to whether the IP Learning course or the LexOmnibus course is better.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
    Damen

LexOmnibus is older and probably gets most of the work from corporate law firm clients. IP Learning is newer.

I think (and I did mine about 6 years ago, so memory might be fading) they now both offer full e-learning courses.

Many thanks, Pin.

I note that I will attending the courses in person in Hong Kong.

I presume you took the Lex Omnibus then. Did you find it useful?

Quote Originally Posted by djholmes:
    Many thanks, Pin.

I note that I will attending the courses in person in Hong Kong.

I presume you took the Lex Omnibus then. Did you find it useful?
    You pretty much have to do the courses to pass the OLQE. Tedious yes, but useful and pretty much necessary.

Hi Jon

I intend to sit the OLQE in 2017. Hopefully you have successfully taken the 2016 OLQE.

Would be grateful if you could recommend which learning course is better and also comment how much the whole preparatory process costs inclusive of the course and textbooks.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Hi

I am looking to take the exams in 2017.

Please let me know how did you guys think about the 2016 exams!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    You pretty much have to do the courses to pass the OLQE. Tedious yes, but useful and pretty much necessary.
    I didn't do the courses - I turned up in HK a week before the exams and sat them all and passed first go. Just need to get good notes and look at past papers to see what they're looking for.

Hi..Let me know if any of you would like to have OLQE study material/notes from 2015? I have it for all 5 subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    I didn't do the courses - I turned up in HK a week before the exams and sat them all and passed first go. Just need to get good notes and look at past papers to see what they're looking for.
    May I inquire as to the source of your study materials? Would you have them available now? Perhaps for a cost? Thanks!