Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By orel100x

Job search experience

Closed Thread

Job search experience

Curious to hear your job search experiences.

How long was the entire process?
    How many rounds of interviews?
    How did the negotiating go? (Did you end up with a package you were happy with)

Am finding recruiters especially difficult. Calling candidates on jobs and presenting high packages to grasp your interest only to be dragged through several rounds and some serious negotiations to the package (usually cutting the offer considerably) that drag the process on for months. Is this the new norm?

Bait and switch has been the norm in the recruitment industry forever, at a low-mid level.

C level type - very very very very different. Also, like DeletedUser says, industry and firm dependent. The really-good ones don't want to waste their own time, let alone the hiring manager's or your time.

I'm in IT. Had 3 interviews (2 of them were "last interviews"), and then they made the offer. Relatively straightforward, not much difference from my experience in other countries. The paperwork required by the employer was a bit more onerous than I'm used to, but not exceptionally so.

Moneywise - I made it very clear where my lower limit was. In the end they offered even slightly more. If they were to offer less, I wouldn't take it, it's that simple

I just think the recruiter made it difficult, role within the same company was switched from senior to mid and of course salary that goes with it. Still a good opportunity but annoying to say the least.

I don't think I will use a recruiter again after this experience.