Like Tree4Likes

Looking for an estimate salary IT BA finance

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for an estimate salary IT BA finance

Hi,

I've been offered a new job as a contractor in HK as an IT Business Analyst in a investment bank (back office).
    I have 10 years of experience (8 years in the financial industry), I was hoping to find an estimate in this sector.
    I'll move with my wife, no child, so today how much do you think I can ask (+ package) considering that my wife won't work immediately ?

Thanks for your help.

What grade?

shri likes this.

I have a Bachelor degree in computer science
    Thanks

Grade of the role, not your experience or education. Is it a vp, Ed, associate, etc

I'd estimate around 30k-50k per month based on your level of experience.

dengxi likes this.

I don't have the info yet. All i can say is this position is for a senior BA, no team management required. Even though i used to manage people as à Team lead but not at a manager level.

Quote Originally Posted by kudo:
    I don't have the info yet. All i can say is this position is for a senior BA, no team management required. Even though i used to manage people as à Team lead but not at a manager level.
    Senior but not team lead.
    Around $35-$40k
    mused likes this.

The issue is that a senior ba can be an associate at 20k/month all the way up to a svp at 150k/month or more. It's really meaningless if we don't know more about the role level, area of IT (eg are you the ba for the next state of the art quant trading system, of the network engineer?), etc

Ask your sponsor for the Budget allocation for this role. As many others have mentioned the band is quite huge. You should negotiate if an offer is in the horizon and normally your sponsors might ask what's the minimum you expect

Arrow

hi i have done 3 years bachelors in business management and i have done now
    certifications in Cisco ( CCNA r&s, CCNP r&s ) and microsoft (MCSA)..
    these are networking fields.
    BUT I dont have experience in these fields.. i have just done these certifications...
    i am moving to hongkong within 1 month
    can i get job with without experience.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast