Life on the other side

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    One way that most people get here is via internal transfer - does your current bank have an office in HK you can volunteer for? If you speak Mandarin you will have an advantage coming to HK over english-only speakers from outside HK, but that's about it.
    yes there is a branch in hk however they are mostly executive positions. ya i figured speaking mandarin fluently is the only advantage i have above all other candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    That's not what I believe, and I apologise if it has come across that way.

What is clearly illegal is MOVING to Hong Kong when you don't have a visa allowing you to do so. If you have a home and so on somewhere else then there's no problem visiting Hong Kong for a few weeks to see if there are any jobs around and then returning home.

The people I jump on all start there posts with something like "I have moved to Hong Kong [implied, on a visitor visa] and now I'm looking for a job".

By the way, how did the QMAS turn out? I guess you got it if you're still here? That would be good to know to help future enquiries.
    so since my mom lives in hk, going over to hk and stay with her while finding a job won't be a problem? and when i say staying with my mom, i mean staying till i find a job. haha

If you have a home somewhere else to return to, then no. If not, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    If you have a home somewhere else to return to, then no. If not, then yes.
    good to know. thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3