Like Tree9Likes

Getting a job in HK, no degree. But I got visa covered.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The salary should not be an issue, accomodation I am not sure what they would qualify as suitable. As i said we are gonna be renting a 2 bed apartment. And renting out the other room.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Definitely possible and then some depending on how well you look and carry yourself.

Remember that you need to be humble in HK. Being aggressive won't work in the teaching world here.
    Ah really? I suppose it is a totally different kettle of fish to china, its all about being aggresive here to get what you want. But I welcome going into a more relaxed world. Even though cost of living os low here and you can save a bit. Theres a good reason for that, i am so bored with the lack of things to do hence why i choose to work so much.

For private tutoring, whats the going rate per hour in HK? Over here i charge between 200-250RMB

Quote Originally Posted by Palace:
    For private tutoring, whats the going rate per hour in HK? Over here i charge between 200-250RMB
    Depends on your experience, reputation, location and a few other factors. I would say the majority of experienced tutors charge between HK 400 - 500 / hr. You can get more of course, but it starts to thin out above HK 700 - 800 / hr.