Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Aus Lawyer in HK

Closed Thread

Aus Lawyer in HK

I am a 27 year old female lawyer from Australia. I moved to HK two days ago to be with my partner who is a lawyer also. I do not speak any other languages other than English. I am hoping to find paid employment in HK, whether in law or in business or something similar.

I currently have a working holiday visa for a period of 12 months. Any tips for places to find work or perhaps good recruitment agencies would be appreciated.

Thank you

Georgie

Join the Australian Chamber of commerce (and the US one, and just about any other one that takes your fancy) and network. Use your Australian network to connect with others here in HK (there are lots of Aussie lawyers here). You get work here through networking, recruitment consultancies are far more hit-and-miss.

Hit up one of the offshore firms. They are always looking for Aussie lawyers. At the moment these firms won't hire HK qualified lawyers.

What's your legal background?

You could also try Mallesons (now KWM), for obvious reasons.

u better get your drinking face on and meet up these lot and pick their brains, bunch of Aussie Lawyer piss heads LOL kidding kidding.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/25/thread342421.html

civil_servant likes this.

Thanks Pin, my partner actually works for KWM but they aren't hiring only english speaking lawyers at the moment.

What area of law do you want to practise?

OP, my advice would be to seek out the Australian Chamber of Commerce in HK and see what they can do for you - joining one of their events might be a good idea.

Not a guarantee of anything of course but at worse you'd be able to meet some new English speaking contacts.

AustCham | Home