MPF Withdrawal

Closed Thread

MPF Withdrawal

Hello,

I am on work permit in HK which is valid till 2019. If i leave HK, can i withdraw my MPF? What if i plan to come back and work? Would I be able to apply for MPF again? I don't want to apply for PR but I do want to have the flexibility of coming back and working here.

Thanks!

You can come back and apply, but the second time around you don't have much flexibility.

The MPFSO states that scheme members are allowed to apply only once in a lifetime for early withdrawal of accrued benefits before the retirement age on the grounds that they are permanently departing Hong Kong. If the member returns to Hong Kong and enrols in an MPF scheme again, he cannot apply for early withdrawal of accrued benefits on such grounds again.
    under the "understanding..." tab.

Case 5 : Early withdrawal of accrued benefits on grounds of permanent departure from Hong Kong?

MPF is a one time withdrawal only before you retire if your leaving HK permanently, if you do come back to work in HK, YOU WILL NOT GET THE MONEY BACK until retirement age.

You get one time to withdraw. Save for you retirement!!

And what about the Visa, is it still valid till 2019 for him after he withdrew his MPF? Since you need to notify immigration.

Really not sure about the visa - worth pinging immigration.

[email protected]

Dear immigration,

I want my MPF money so I'll sign a statement saying that I'm leaving Hong Kong permanently. But is my visa still valid until 2019? I mean can I still live in Hong Kong and even work for the same employer?

Regards,

Thank you! Thats v helpful!