Like Tree311Likes

The Decline of Expat Bankers

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    When Blackwings meet East Coast.
    It was a few posters who kept repeating Hong Kong suffers from additional geopolitical issues but anyway they are doing brilliantly at reaching out with FTAs. Neither of these seem to ring true from evidence posted, but oh well if you repeat it enough. I tediously kept probing but got nowhere apart from establishing that some posters interestingly did not seem to be able to be critical of any current government policy.
    TheBrit and Mat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    I wanted to keep repeating the same old tune. Neither of these seem to ring true with my word stuffing, but oh well if I repeat it enough, someone would really believe my word stuffing. I tediously kept stuffing words into their mouth but got nowhere apart from establishing that some posters interestingly did not seem to be able to deal with my word stuffing.
    Much better.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    My whole existence on this forum is to bash government policy. The topic of this thread was the importance of Mandarin for securing top jobs. Since the government plays no role in this, I derailed this thread by claiming that a lack of FTAs made Hong Kong businesses inward looking. I focused on ASEAN because they limited FTAs to a few major partners. I totally ignored that FTAs are bilateral, so that I could solely place the blame on the HK government, which is the sole reason for joining the discussion to begin with. Since I had no concrete evidence to my claim besides some stats as to how many FTAs other regions possess, I just repeated that same claim for 40 pages and stuffed people's mouth. Meanwhile, I ignored any talk of Belt and Road because it's just so totally obvious that this initiative, which Hong Kong fully supports, is the total opposite of being inward looking.
    That's how I read it.
    blackwings and HowardCoombs like this.

A different type of decline for bankers!

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-04-...h-firing-squad

shri, orel100x and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob
    A different type of decline for bankers!

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-04-...h-firing-squad
    That article is 3 years old, do we know if they actually followed through with the executions?

Mat

article which has nothing to do with the subject at end but it's Geo

jrkob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    article which has nothing to do with the subject at end but it's Geo
    You have been here long enough to know that it's a Geo tradition to go massively off topic after the first few pages.

51 pages into this thread I am surprised frozen chapatis and see through kettles are not being discussed!
    Mat, si0001 and hullexile like this.

This is more up to date and relevant... (He may still remain "Expat" for a few years but in different accomodation )

Man quizzed by police over 'jogger rage assault' is partner at Mayfair private equity firm

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob
    This is more up to date and relevant... (He may still remain "Expat" for a few years but in different accomodation )

Man quizzed by police over 'jogger rage assault' is partner at Mayfair private equity firm
    His lawyers claim he has proof he was in America at the time. We'll see.