• 3 Post By Drunken Master
  • 2 Post By shafiq
  • 1 Post By lighthse003

Advice required - Looking Job for my wife

Closed Thread
    Random2389456

Smile Advice required - Looking Job for my wife

Hello Friends,

I am an Indian looking a job for my wife.
    She can't read or write chinese.
    She is fluent in hindi and english.
    She has experience in teaching but not getting jobs in teaching due to not knowing of chinese language.

She is getting a job offer in Indian grocery store as shop assistant offering 8000 HKD salary.
    6 days week working and 9 working hours per day.
    She will spend around 700$ per month in transportation. So, finally we will have 8000HKD-700HKD=7300 HKD

1 - I am not sure about salary part.
    Is it genuine salary (8000 HKD) in HK for shop assistant in Indian grocery store ?

2 - Please advice where I should look for jobs ?

For your information, a janitor of schools 6 days and 9 hours earn about 8K a month, and there are some office clerk jobs with similar salary but only morning not 9 hours on Saturdays. A nurse with 4 years nursing degree, a junior accountant with a 4 years BBA and a police constable having senior secondary diploma or bachelor degree with 9 months full time training earn about $20K a month and are dream stable salaries of many young HK people. Many jobs in HK aren't as high pay as most non HK people think.

Most of the English teachers in HK are Westerners, Western Born Chinese and Local Chinese majored in education or languages. Local schools don't usually hire foreigners except English teaching. International schools require good education and teaching experience.

Random2389456 likes this.

9 hours x 26 days x 34.5 (minimum wage) = around 8,000

Quote Originally Posted by Random2389456:
    Hello Friends,

I am an Indian looking a job for my wife.
    She can't read or write chinese.
    She is fluent in hindi and english.
    She has experience in teaching but not getting jobs in teaching due to not knowing of chinese language.

She is getting a job offer in Indian grocery store as shop assistant offering 8000 HKD salary.
    6 days week working and 9 working hours per day.
    She will spend around 700$ per month in transportation. So, finally we will have 8000HKD-700HKD=7300 HKD

1 - I am not sure about salary part.
    Is it genuine salary (8000 HKD) in HK for shop assistant in Indian grocery store ?

2 - Please advice where I should look for jobs ?
    What degree does she have? Teaching experience in teaching what subject's? There are tutorial centres advertising for technical subject's, can try it. Shop assistant doesn't require any education, and pay up to 10k is normal.

I think she can try to get clerical Jobs in indian trading companies. But most of them don't advertise online but mostly through word of motuh, hence networking is the only way.
    DrWho and Random2389456 like this.