Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By mexmon

Applying as a music teacher in hong kong

  1. #1

    Applying as a music teacher in hong kong

    Good day!

    I'm in need of your help. I want to apply as a music teacher in schools here in hong kong. I graduated with the degree of bachelor of music, major in music ed in the philippines and have my diploma evaluated by the HKCAAVQ. I'm currently lost and don't know what to do next. Should i start applying? Do i need to comply other requirements? Or any suggestions to my goal?

    Really need of your help and suggestions.
    Thank you very much for your help!


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2002

    Can you work legally in HK?

    If not - you'd need to find an employer who can prove to immigration that you and only you, and no local could meet their criteria for hiring + plus pay you a reasonable salary.

    laakeemee likes this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2017

    Hi there
    Do you have a masters in ed or a pgce? Without any of these it is a bit hard to get hired at international schools (some local schools would hire you with a lower salary).
    Sign up to websites like, nordanglia, and so on.
    Research the name of the schools that could potentially hire you and go to their website to see if there's openings.

    I hope this helps you get started. Good luck!

    laakeemee likes this.

  4. #4

    Yes, I'm a HK permanant resident.


    Unfortunately, i do not hold a masters degree
    As long as the offer is more than my current salary then it will be fine.

    Thank you for your help!
    Really appreciate it.