Moving to HK and wondering about employment

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

No I don't think they would be intrested in your resume or cv's....Just dont carry too much of liquior or tabacco....Once your out of immigration take your bag from the belt and walk out...They pay less attention if u r having light baggage.

Well, I'm in Hong Kong now

Been enjoying the sites, shops, restaurants, my girlfriend, and general culture shock so far. Tomorrow apartment hunting. Then job hunting once I have an apartment sorted.

Immigration - fairly lax really. I mean, no issues for me really. Except at customs, where they did take a while to stop me, open my bags and swab them for *something* (drugs? sars?). But they did that to most of the brits, and they were nice about it, so it wasn't an issue. My laptop wasn't a bomb, so I had nothing to worry about.

This place is amazing though. It's MASSIVE and so different to the UK. Eating too much dim sum though

Welcome to Hong Kong Botox. Wish you lots of Happy Hours here and many many dimsum binges. Once you've settled in, join some of us geoexpaters for a drink sometime.

By the way - Hong Kong - massive ?? !!

Well, massive as in - so built up, with so much in such a small space... and it is bigger than I expected, it dwarfs London.

Almost settled down now, but very nackered what with all the running around Causeway Bay. Got my eye on some apartments I like so should be in one of those by the end of next week, then I can start to act normally.

I guess I'll start job hunting properly in a week or two. Have perhaps three months to work on finding a job. Hopefully something legit - freelancing I guess I could easily enough do, but it's *technically* illegal on a tourist visa, so I'll try for a work permit first.

Eating lots of Japanese and shopping for lots of Japanese stuff so far... don't know how that worked out. I guess I just wanted a change from Dim Sum But they stick whole baby octopuss on your Japanese noodles... eeuww!

Best thing about Hong Kong so far: My girlfriend, all the other cute girls (though those two don't really go hand in hand), and, erm... lots of shops with pretty much everything.

Worst thing about Hong Kong so far: walking outdoors without air conditioning...