FDH possible to apply as Call Center Agent in Hong Kong ???

Closed Thread

Question FDH possible to apply as Call Center Agent in Hong Kong ???

Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to look for advice about applying as Call Center Agent in Hong Kong.. I worked in 3 different call centers companies in Philippines before i came to Hong Kong as FDH.. my question is, is possible for me to apply as Call Center Agent here after finishing my contract ? Anybody who knows the visa processing, and other relevant information about it.. and also anybody who knows a company that needs bilingual agents,, specifically English and Tagalog... thanks for those who will reply..

The agencies that loan money to Filipinos certainly have a fair few Tagalog speakers on the collections side.

Visa sponsorship and approvals are going to be tricky. No clue what salary levels are like... Or if these calls are made from offshore call centers.

If the job is in Hong Kong and requires your skills, there is no reason not to apply for it. Just like any overseas applicant, you would need a work visa. Some employers are not keen on sponsoring work visas and some jobs are not suitable for them. The rule is that if the job can be done by a HK local, and is low paid, it's hard to get a visa. Your previous employment in a call centre is a plus as it shows the right skills; your previous work as a DH is somewhat useful as it shows a familiarity with HK. Your DH visa is irrelevant.

Good luck. The general quality of the English on call centres in HK is terrible so any improvement worthwhile!

Thanks a lot...