USA Engineer

Closed Thread

USA Engineer

Hey gus,
    I got a bachaclor in Engineering Management and Sys&Industrial Engineering at UofArizona. Right now working in Hong Kong with 1 year expereince as a Production Planner at a US company.

Being an IE in Hong Kong how am I suppose develop my career path in Hong Kong greatfully? Do I need to totally change my career into like marketing or something?? *Recently I just started in certifying SIX Sigma Green Belt so hopefully that could expand my career choice a bit?

if I want to get into Finanical Analysis and stuff, how should I approach and I am a US citizen. Look forward for your advice, thanks!

-Don

For any senior management position in an international company you're going to need to improve your English, so maybe you could take some courses in that for a start.

Do you know what you actually want to do and enjoy doing? Or are you simply asking "how do I make lots of money"?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    For any senior management position in an international company you're going to need to improve your English, so maybe you could take some courses in that for a start.
    Ouch, although maybe just typing classes may do, lol "gus".

Don- it really sounds like you need to figure out what you want to be doing with your career, before diving off into classes or considering switching into entirely new areas. If you mention Six Sigma, marketing and finance 'and stuff' in the same post, it appears that you have absolutely no idea what you want to be doing.

Keep in mind that we have no idea who you are, what makes you tick or what you're good at. As such, turning to the big uncaring internet is unlikely to get you much besides sarcasm. Instead, talk to your friends, especially any older ones who have been working in the areas that you are interested in.