Like Tree11Likes

Job role and salary structure

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

7 years continuous living in hk to become permenant resident.

Job hunting. Minimum 3 months.

Well the salary range shows between 18k -30k. Thank you for the reply.

omg!!! so it took 3 months for you to get a job? what kind of visa you had?

i want to earn double of this man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz Paul:
    This ain't a place with majority of its population fluent in English. Bilingual/multilingual (Cantonese , mandarin, and English) are preferred for call center roles English only hotlines are generally outsourced to Philippines. Not posting to dishearten, just helping with a bit of reality check.
    And you've already got a taste of what's to come for you as an Indian...
    hey jazz paul !! thank you for the reply. the first few lines were really informative. However I do not understand the last line. Do you mean Indians are treated badly in HKSAR? please do let me know in your convenient time.

Racism exists everywhere, but at least it isn't violent, in your face like in other parts of the world. What does your wife say about this? There are many threads on this issue on this site, help yourself to them.

You said you don't look Indian...? Is that a trait you could mention in your resume?
    Assistant call center manager might mean a lot where you come from but here it's a low-paid, menial form of employment. Be prepared to keep your options open

Mrs. Jones and chuckster007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zumpi123:
    hey jazz paul !! thank you for the reply. the first few lines were really informative. However I do not understand the last line. Do you mean Indians are treated badly in HKSAR? please do let me know in your convenient time.
    Are you from Darjeeling and that is why you keep saying you dont look Indian Im heading there next week LOL

Anyways like Jaz Paul said, racism exist and yes the locals dont really like any dark skin ppl be it brown or black. They think all Indians smell of curry , lots of south Asians even have hard time renting apartment unless its a 10 floor walk up building where no one else wants to rent it.

Call center jobs isnt that easy for you to get into, Plenty of cheap foreigners with dependent visa already doing the job, plenty of locals with passable English doing the jobs.

You said u want to earn double of 18-30K, good luck with that, I'm afraid your going to have a hard time finding it.

[QUOTE=chuckster007;3565135]Are you from Darjeeling and that is why you keep saying you dont look Indian Im heading there next week LOL

Anyways like Jaz Paul said, racism exist and yes the locals dont really like any dark skin ppl be it brown or black. They think all Indians smell of curry , lots of south Asians even have hard time renting apartment unless its a 10 floor walk up building where no one else wants to rent it.

Call center jobs isnt that easy for you to get into, Plenty of cheap foreigners with dependent visa already doing the job, plenty of locals with passable English doing the jobs.

You said u want to earn double of 18-30K, good luck with that, I'm afraid your going to have a hard time find

chukster!! bang on!! there you go. you got it right brother. i have ample of experience in F&B and retail sector offshore. well I have worked with multinational companies like cape gemini ,Amex , wipro and citi. I thought they would count all these experience. But never mind I am able to work and cope with any kind of job if situation demand. But I appreciate it ! cheers!!

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz Paul:
    Racism exists everywhere, but at least it isn't violent, in your face like in other parts of the world. What does your wife say about this? There are many threads on this issue on this site, help yourself to them.

You said you don't look Indian...? Is that a trait you could mention in your resume?
    Assistant call center manager might mean a lot where you come from but here it's a low-paid, menial form of employment. Be prepared to keep your options open
    Once again thank you for the reply.My wife is simple and hardworking woman. she don't talk about she being discriminated by the locals.My look will not be an obstacle. lol ! i am willing to work anywhere related to customer service. Besides I also have worked with F&b & Retail sector for 4 years. I have had gone through similar situation in Dubai. I was lucky enough to get a good job profile there. assistant manager in a multinational companies like Cape gemini, Amex and Citi means a lot in my country. But I am all prepared to work in any kind of situation. Thanks.
    Kowloon Goon and Jaz Paul like this.

To get your HKID you need to make an online appointment. If you are free on weekdays, you should be able to get an appointment quite soon. After that, you can get the ID within 2-3 weeks if I remember correctly.