Like Tree14Likes

Photography law

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Seriously? Get over yourself.
    Shall we try to guess his nationality?
    Rooster likes this.

I don't know the laws in Hong Kong.
    Certainly in North America, you may make use of pictures of people in a public space for editorial purposes. HOWEVER, COMMERCIAL use would require CONSENT. This would even include employees of a business.

I would doubt very much that as a business, they would have full rights to use your image for marketing purposes without your consent or if you feel you are being mis-portrayed. If you feel strongly about this, I would consult with a lawyer specializing in media law. They will probably argue it is being presented fair use as news.

The key to most commercial use statues in the US and UK is READILY IDENTIFIABLE information associated with the image, not just the actual image itself. Consent is not required in all cases.

Guy takes my picture at a school and uses it for an advert? Hey, tough, that's life.
    Guy takes my picture at a school and says "this is PenguinSix" and uses it for an advert? No, that's a photograph that is readily identifiable as me, and as such my image rights have been violated.

If they took a picture and you are in the background, basically, tough.
    If they took a picture and said "this is Lou at our school" then you might have a case.

chichow likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3