Like Tree57Likes

Several Job Interviews and CV submission but always end up in rejection.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

it seems you are being a bit vague, you haven't described which jobs you have applied, your qualification, experience, rough salary request or even which industry

but you believe there is a 'black mirror' style authority judging you on these jobs , however, you don't have any proof, have you slander anyone on facebook recently, do you think that could off had an effect on your job application prospects

Original Post Deleted
    To piggyback on your comment, it's also a good indicator of judgement. If an employee is willing to disagree in an unprofessional manner and quit in view of superiors, would any of you really trust the judgement of that employee to conduct business behalf of the company? Of course, I don't know the specifics of your dust up so there could be some understandable circumstances but on the surface it's a black mark on your employment history.

But this incident may have nothing to do with rejections as someone (Hull?) previously mentioned.
    Beth10 likes this.

@Beth10 - have you put variations of your name into various search engines / social media to see what sort of footprint employers might find about you?

I've done that and found all sorts of interesting things that were not on someone's CV. Quite common these days for an interviewer to look up a person's name to get an idea of who they're interviewing. People put their lives out on social media and also leave inadvertent traces of their activities (meetups, event signups, etc..). Some of these might not be appropriate.

Anyways, best of luck with your job hunt ... but do some research on yourself and try and find out what others can about yourself.

huja, Andy SNK, hullexile and 4 others like this.

if your email address is: life_is_a_bitch@f*ckmail,com
    you might want to change with a new one

HK_Katherine likes this.

You are never gonna get the answers you seek. It just doesn't work that way in this world.

Maybe you should try feng shui to improve your chances.

Beth10 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    One thing I've noticed when interviewing is that, given half a chance, too many candidates will bad-mouth and backstab previous employers to 'up' their own game/play victim, etc.

Example:

Me: I see you left your last two employers fairly quickly, could you tell me about why you chose to leave those employers.

Candidate: My boss was horrible to me/I couldn't settle in the company because of the people who worked there/my boss asked me to do some work that wasn't in my job description/oh that company is really screwed up/etc., etc.
    Yep did that in an interview when I was young and I could see their faces drop immediately. Knew then I was not going to get the job and also learned never to do it again. Thought it was unfair at the time but years later when I was sat on the other side of the table had exactly the same reaction to candidates who bad-mouthed current or previous employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    That they want a new challenge. That the company was actually changing its focus away from the things that you were doing and while you did enjoy working there, you know that down the line opportunities to progress are going to be very small while joining your organization who is actuality expanding etc etc. Many ways to turn it around.
    Thanks Mat, you beat me to it. You can always spin it more positively. I have actually coached a few people on interviewing skills at the end of my interview.

Something isn't right with the OP, if the argument was innocuous then this should not be the issue. It would help in knowing what sort of roles you are looking for, importantly what is your ethnicity, do you have right to work in HK. I would also consider asking directly with an company that you have applied for what the reason was for your application not to progress. It certainly cant hurt to do any of these things.

Stop being paranoid, there is no conspiracy. People get rejected for jobs they're qualified for all the time.

shri and cdpearse like this.

Agree, never, ever backstab or slag off a past/current employer, no matter how much they deserve it. Get clever with your reasons for leaving, play the game and you will get on OK.