Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By mrgoodkat
  • 1 Post By shri

Applying for job in Shenzhen

Closed Thread

Applying for job in Shenzhen

Hi,
    Does anyone here live in HK and commute to Shenzhen? I live in midlevels and was wondering how long a 3-4 times a week trip would take..Also does an HKID holder need a special visa for working in Shenzhen and/or commuting 3-4 times a week?

TIA!

Work visa (Z Visa) is required to work in SZ, your SZ employer should be able to apply for this for you or you could try getting a regular Business Visa (F Visa) which is what I had before, technically its not the correct way to do it but less hassle

Where about in SZ are you planing to work, mid level to lo wu should take you close to 1.5hr one way (incl passport control on SZ side), you will need to fill in the damm arrival and departure forms every day, your passport will fill up very fast, remember to draw boxes on passport pages so the China immg staff can chop properly, you can fit 4 days (return trip) chops in 1 page (8 chops)

Procedures of apply for work visa in Shanghai, Shenzhen, Beijing, Hangzhou China

Thanks! will find out exact address..

Let your employer get you a proper work permit for China. Then you can cross the border by using the e-gates and don't get your passport stamped and don't need to fill in those annoying yellow arrival cards.

shri, chuckster007 and hobmom3 like this.

Depending on your seniority, consider getting them to arrange for a cross-border car.

I used to know folks who did this and the commute was quite productive for them - get done with emails, conversations in the car. If I recall, used to get picked up at 6:30 or 7AM and back by 6PM.

hobmom3 likes this.