Like Tree41Likes

EDB Net scheme teachers

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

https://www.edb.gov.hk/en/sch-admin/...imary-net.html

https://www.edb.gov.hk/en/sch-admin/...ndary-net.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster:
    He most certainly does not.

Category 4 (to be appointed at APSM rank, MPS pt. 15-29, with salary bar at MPS Point 20)

(i) a bachelor’s degree in any subject from a Hong Kong university or equivalent; and

(ii) a TEFL/TESL qualification at least at certificate level, or an equivalent course of study recognised by EDB*.

Quote Originally Posted by elmaldito:
    The poster in question doesn't even have a TEFL cert never mind a PGCE or Master's...

You're getting 2 posters mixed up. The post I was replying to referred to OP, who has a Masters and a CELTA.
    The Celt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cwinparr:
    Sorry, but I think there's a bit of confusion. There's a UK poster who has a BA, but doesn't have a TEFL/CELTA certification.

I have a BA and will finish my MA in May. I have a CELTA, a US provisional license, and some experience in public schools in 2 countries.

I know not to count my chickens. I do have several backup plans in case I don't get into the scheme/ don't get a job offer. I was just hoping for a bit of advice to increase my chances since I am under qualified compared those with a teaching degree.
    Yeah it's a shame when people can't manage basic simple reading comprehension like working out who posted what, but can be so rude and pompous in their responses.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    You're getting 2 posters mixed up. The post I was replying to referred to OP, who has a Masters and a CELTA.
    Sorry Rooster made two posts: one to cwinparr and one to JBishop90, I've obviously mixed up the two.

Yeah it's a shame when people can't manage basic simple reading comprehension like working out who posted what, but can be so rude and pompous in their responses.
    If you are referring to me I do not think I was rude and pompous but if you think like that it's your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by cwinparr:
    I was just hoping for a bit of advice to increase my chances since I am under qualified compared those with a teaching degree.
    That's fine, I'm just saying that you that you cannot increase your chances to attract schools...until you pass the interview (unless you are are applying to non HKNET scheme jobs). If you wanted interview tips for the NET programme itself that would be a different matter. Anyway, all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by elmaldito:
    Sorry Rooster made two posts: one to cwinparr and one to JBishop90, I've obviously mixed up the two.

If you are referring to me I do not think I was rude and pompous but if you think like that it's your choice.

That's fine, I'm just saying that you that you cannot increase your chances to attract schools...until you pass the interview (unless you are are applying to non HKNET scheme jobs). If you wanted interview tips for the NET programme itself that would be a different matter. Anyway, all the best!
    Don't worry I wasn't referring to you but the guy who said something along the lines of "He most certainly does not."

Don't worry I wasn't referring to you but the guy who said something along the lines of "He most certainly does not."
    Oops, I thought you meant because I mixed up the two posters you were referring to me!

Anything who thinks a BA and nothing else will get them on the NET Scheme in 2018 is delusional. Period.
    MerMer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster:
    Anything who thinks a BA and nothing else will get them on the NET Scheme in 2018 is delusional. Period.
    Maybe you don't know what "minimum requirements" means. That's cool. We all start somewhere.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Maybe you don't know what "minimum requirements" means. That's cool. We all start somewhere.
    Level 4 minimum requirements but to be truthful, how many of them get NET positions. Would love to see those numbers if they're available. Something tells me most of Level 1 and 2 get positions, some Level 3 and not many Level 4.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast