Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree11Likes

EDB Net scheme teachers

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86
    Maybe you don't know what "minimum requirements" means. That's cool. We all start somewhere.
    Level 4 minimum requirements but to be truthful, how many of them get NET positions. Would love to see those numbers if they're available. Something tells me most of Level 1 and 2 get positions, some Level 3 and not many Level 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG
    Level 4 minimum requirements but to be truthful, how many of them get NET positions. Would love to see those numbers if they're available. Something tells me most of Level 1 and 2 get positions, some Level 3 and not many Level 4.
    Agree with you. All I said was "he meets the minimum requirements but ...."

Agree it's probably tough to get on without a PGDE these days, but then again with a Masters and good experience I'd say there's no harm in trying.

If I was a principal I'd rather hire him than someone with a PGDE from HK and no experience but I realise he probably wouldn't make it that far (although he does meet the minimum requirements )
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Agree it's probably tough to get on without a PGDE these days, but then again with a Masters and good experience I'd say there's no harm in trying.

If I was a principal I'd rather hire him than someone with a PGDE from HK and no experience but I realise he probably wouldn't make it that far (although he does meet the minimum requirements )
    Agree, discussion was about minimum. Agree too, doubtful he'd make it that far but everything is worth a try. I think it was a good discussion as there seems to be some misunderstanding in that registered with EDB for the NET programme, everyone even Level 4 have a very good chance.
    justjoe86 likes this.

If ... yes but you are a cashier at 7/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimz82
    What I’m mostly looking for on this post is a little bit of guidance, if someone out there cares to share any knowledge or words of wisdom to a newcomer! I would like to prepare myself before term starts with knowledge of the curriculum and get together some resources before the official start date. At the moment I don’t really know where to start. I want to get my head around the structure and into the nitty gritty of the planning from some people on the know. As NET teachers employed by the EDB are on their own in the schools, it’s hard to find someone to turn to!
    As conditions in different schools can vary quite widely, you'd be better off trying to get information on your school from the EDB NET forum (west web). It's unlikely that any poster here will have the specific information on your school that you need.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    If ... yes but you are a cashier at 7/11.
    Good one

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4