Like Tree35Likes

EDB Net scheme teachers

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Original Post Deleted
    I see. They used to hire NETs as Certificated Master/Mistress (CM) based on certain criteria, with the pay equivalent to Points 14 to 24 on the Master Pay Scale. I guess they no longer do that.

Original Post Deleted
    I'm lost because according to HKCAAVQ I have a postgraduate diploma (it reads my teachee qualifications meets the requirements of the education bureau and considered equivalent to a local postgraduate diploma in education)

The postgrad diploma doesn't matter in the pay scale calculation?

Also sorry that I take forever to read and respond. I have a daughter now, so she occupies just about all of my time.

As always thanks for the responses.

Original Post Deleted
    Most definitely does, thanks a lot.

Red face Clarification on Qualification Required for NET

Hi all!

I’m just looking for some clarification on whether or not my degree is equivalent to the PDDE/CE looked for by the NET scheme.

I am currently studying a 4-year undergraduate degree in education which is a Master of Arts (with Honours) in Scotland (this course replaces the BEd Primary Education course, and is equivalent to a BA in education).

This degree gives me a qualification to become a primary school teacher in the UK. When I complete my course I am straight into a probationary job working as a full time teacher in a Scottish Primary school (as well as having professional placements in all 4 years of my degree). I am also currently working towards my TEFL qualification.

Is this degree equivalent to what Hong Kong NET scheme look for when they state:

• “a bachelor’s degree in any subject from a Hong Kong university or equivalent;
    • a recognised teacher training qualification; and
    • a TEFL/TESL qualification at least at certificate level, or an equivalent course of study recognised by the EDB*.”

i.e would my degree cover both the bachelors degree in any subject and the recognised teacher training qualification?

Thanks!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8