• 3 Post By Fiona in HKG
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By dumbdonkey
  • 1 Post By MandM!
  • 1 Post By EVC_YL
  • 1 Post By Fiona in HKG

MPF for new employer

MPF for new employer

I dont want to show my prev experience to the new employer... can My HKID/MPF reflect that??? Suggestions pls.

MPF statements can reveal your salary, up to the max contribution level (a percentage of your salary capped @ 1500), if that's what you're concerned about.

Hi Shri, no. I dont want to share my last employer details which was for 2 months to my new employer so was thinking if providing my HKID or my MPF details can they get to know that?

Just a word to the wise, if you completed and signed an application form without an accurate employment history, this could be grounds for dismissal. Even if employment was agreed based on a CV and your employer later finds out you omitted a period of employment, this would be looked upon as dishonesty and most employers would have a problem with that.

shri, IndianInHK and rani like this.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianInHK:
    Hi Shri, no. I dont want to share my last employer details which was for 2 months to my new employer so was thinking if providing my HKID or my MPF details can they get to know that?
    HKID - No. Besides, no one will employ you without your HKID number / copy.
    MPF - No clue.
    Fiona in HKG and IndianInHK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    HKID - No. Besides, no one will employ you without your HKID number / copy.
    MPF - No clue.
    No clue here either @shri but I think data privacy would preclude giving access to the employer.
    IndianInHK likes this.

you dont need to provide your old mpf account to the new employer. just keep the two mpf seperate.

IndianInHK likes this.

You have nothing to worry about. Employers will never have access to your MPF history. They will only be able to monitor your monthly contributions from the start of your employment with them.
    You will be placed into the company's MPF system after you've filled and signed your part of the Employee Enrolment form.

IndianInHK likes this.

No, your HKID / MPF does not have readily accessible information to potential employers.

However your CV, internet profile, LinkedIn, Facebook, could...

If you had a bad experience you can just omit it from your life but you'll likely need to explain that period of time.

IndianInHK likes this.

Thanks everyone for the input, really appreciate your time.