Like Tree2Likes

Background Check (Finance industry)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Background Check (Finance industry)

I have a recent working experience which lasted only for 2 months (I quit due to an injury and I found it difficult to manage both work and health at the same time). I'm recovered now and want to look for job again. I'm worried that this short working experience doesn't look good though I have a valid reason so I didn't put it on my resume.

Now that I got an interview invitation and I start to worry that if I make it through the interview, this undisclosed short experience will affect my honesty and integrity if they found out that I didn't disclose.

My problem is, should I include it and resend to HR as an updated resume? (It doesn't look good too..) Or should I just leave the resume that way, and just mention the experience verbally during the interview + include it in the background check form?

Thank you for your reply. Do you mean that I should mention it during the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by tammytammy123:
    Thank you for your reply. Do you mean that I should mention it during the interview?
    Yes just bring it up during the interview and say that you had a short stint in so n so company for 2 months but because of an injury you left that job and you didnt add it to your CV as it was a very short time and didnt think it would be relevant, just laugh and smile and look embarrassed

explain that you are fully recovered from the injury and look forward to working again.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Yes just bring it up during the interview and say that you had a short stint in so n so company for 2 months but because of an injury you left that job and you didnt add it to your CV as it was a very short time and didnt think it would be relevant, just laugh and smile and look embarrassed

explain that you are fully recovered from the injury and look forward to working again.
    Alright, thank you! Meanwhile I'm still applying for jobs, should i include the experience in my resume?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:

I'm still waiting for them to reply on the date and time of the interview. Do you think it would be good if I attached the updated resume + cover letter when I confirm the date&time? (it will be an online video interview)

Quote Originally Posted by tammytammy123:
    Alright, thank you! Meanwhile I'm still applying for jobs, should i include the experience in my resume?
    for future jobs you should added it and follow DeletedUsers advice and explain it in the covering letter. He comes from Finance background.

Original Post Deleted
    Thanks . Guess mentioning it during the interview would be better than resending the updated resume. But if there are some forms (application forms, declaration form etc.) that i will need to fill in before the interview, could I take this chance to update the resume and send together with the forms?
    ps: it will be an online video interview

my interview will be via Skype and I'm not a Hong Kong citizen. I'm afraid it won't be clear if I explain it via Skype. Do you think it is better if I send an updated resume, together with some additional material for eg a short slide about my passion of working with them and what I can contribute? I really want to get this job

Personally I wouldn't hire someone who mentioned that in an interview. It's obvious you are trying to hide something.

@MandM! I didn't try to hide something I just thought that's not worth stating. Anyway, do you think it's a good idea to send an updated resume when i confirm the invitation time via email?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast