Like Tree103Likes

Unplanned pregnancy for young HK teacher

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Firstly, congrats.

Secondly, there are lots of views already on this thread. At the end of the day you have to take it on board and then decide whats best for you and your baby.

HK employment laws are really really crap, but one area where they are very clear is what happens to a lady while pregnant. Basically you employer cannot touch you. Please take that into comfort when deciding your next step.

Can I ask, will the potential father be involved? What about your's and his family? Will you have some sort of support network during and after pregnancy? If you quit your job, what will you do?

shri and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin

Can I ask, will the potential father be involved? What about your's and his family? Will you have some sort of support network during and after pregnancy? If you quit your job, what will you do?
    Hi, yes the father is very involved and he's in a stable job. My family has been very supportive and I will be moving in with the father in a few weeks. I'm sure there's plenty of part-time work that I can take up while I still can. It's just being in the school is too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HKTeacherInNeed
    Hi, yes the father is very involved and he's in a stable job. My family has been very supportive and I will be moving in with the father in a few weeks. I'm sure there's plenty of part-time work that I can take up while I still can. It's just being in the school is too much for me.
    In that case, go for it. Enjoy your time off. This decision won't have a long-term impact on your career.

Just be careful of visa issues for part-time work- right now the visa is for the school so if you get another job you need another visa- unless you already have that sorted through some other kind of visa (PR or dependent or whatever, sorry if I didn't already pick up on that).
    Glad to hear the father is on board and that's all working out well for you- nice that you'll have the extra time to spend with the baby once he/she is here, you never get that time again...

Congratulations!

At 20 something, I'm still pretty much clueless about my life, and there you're going to undergo one huge shift in your life!!!

You think you'll receive major frowns? The psychologist in me says " If you start creating that low-key vision, it will turn into a reality like illusion" , so put your head up, and continue teaching the generation of tomorrow.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5