Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

FDH MEDICAL

Quote Originally Posted by AmRa6

Hannah, did you mean 9th best place in 2016? Because according to the global slavery index in 2018 Hong Kong ranks as the 12th Lowest estimated prevalence of modern slavery in the whole world. Every single European country including the UK and even Sweden has a higher estimated prevalence of modern slavery.

I know, I’m pretty shocked myself, but that’s what it says.
    https://www.globalslaveryindex.org/
    Yeah, I was citing the 2016 source. I seem to have missed this one out.

My previous employer is still there but i know they will relocate soon too. And before i left Singapore we had a bad experience of agency modos i work in Singapore for almost 2yrs without knowing that i am not a registered worker of my country whatever happened to me i cannot ask for help and other benifits. That's one of the reason i left i can't go back unless they will re hire me in proper way, until now i still can't get an assistantance from my government i have to work again another 1 contract to continue it, i fix it when i go back home explained what happened. If i file a case against agency it will give a big impact on my application back to hk instead i gamble of coming back as i can't stay longer seing my family no food in the table even they smile and said it will be ok but i know deep in their heat they are in pain seing me helpless. With the help of my friends i survive to come back then this is what happened to me now.
    I work good all of my best but yet not enough.

Yeah its true slavery is exist here but for us a second class resident. What we can do we want to work for family and if we stop working here where we will get a job? Other countries that needs more paper works plus the immigration giving us hardtime of getting a visa all that we want is to work and a reasonable place to stay. Like me i worked 18 hrs a day straight and i feel like a robot everyday standing and almost closing my eyes.
    I eat my lunch at 3pm standing in the kitchen counter all that is ok as long as i have job. I feel like crying inside without tears.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01
    There will be plenty of advices on this, I'm sure, but what I just wanted to ask you is - if you have had an "excellency award" in your academics (Midwifery/Nursing Caregiver), why are you leaving yourself on the mercy of such a place that was ranked " 9th in global slavery index - out of 167 countries- and is one of the worst places for forced labour" ( South China Morning Post, 2016) - to make a living? Think over that!!!
    Why are we talking about slavery? This poor woman has had her employment contract terminated.

Interested to know where Singapore ranks vs HK as she left her job in Singapore to return to HK for some reason.

@heartygrace it is an unfortunate situation but unless they have broken the law they can terminate you, it is unfair given you want to work and provide for your family. Post your ad here on Geoexpat and you may find another employer soon enough. You can also try to register with Fair Employment Agency or Arrow Employment Services.

Thank you The Celt for sharing the migrant number i might call them. I just want to compose myself first don't know where to start i feel like to tired of everything i wanted to run in a peaceful place and shout out loud til i get tired. I feel really bad

Thank you guys for the comforting advices that helps a bit of my situation now. I feel so helpless now wanted to run and shout. I feel so bad really unfair to me wanted to end this but how.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    Interested to know where Singapore ranks vs HK as she left her job in Singapore to return to HK for some reason.
    Singapore is tied with 4 other countries for 68th best (estimated prevalence of modern slavery per 1,000 population). It is roughly 2.5 times worse than Hong Kong which is ranked the 12th best country in the world.

In case anyone is wondering, Japan was ranked best and North Korea the worst.
    @heartygrace please post on this forum how it turns out for you. I've read a few cases here where the poster with a problem disappears and I am left wondering what happened to them. I hope I will hear some good news from you at some point.
    heartygrace likes this.

I will do that no worries still hanging i already sold my valuable things for me to survive and preparations to go back home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2