Like Tree6Likes

Bonus for a Vice President in Banking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Dont mind whatever the terms... I use to do frontline sales and decided it wasnt for me, due to my introvert nature. I much more enjoy being at the back end dealing with process and policies, over meeting with clients.

I would say that at last your bas should be circa 120-135k per month, as a bonus you should be looking at least 30%, the 10% quoted is low, very low. The HR functions are very loath to give a number obviously but they should be able to quote a percentage. Also something else to consider, its now June so you wont receive a full bonus but rather a prorated one. If you applied through an agency the recruitment agent should be able to tell you more.

if you are so tight in cash flow then you'd better negotiate for a sign on to cover the lost bonus as well.

From experience, get the higher salary, bonus is by its very nature, not guaranteed. Especially since cash flow is more important to you.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in a bush and all that.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NewtoHK11
    I would say that at last your bas should be circa 120-135k per month, as a bonus you should be looking at least 30%, the 10% quoted is low, very low. The HR functions are very loath to give a number obviously but they should be able to quote a percentage. Also something else to consider, its now June so you wont receive a full bonus but rather a prorated one. If you applied through an agency the recruitment agent should be able to tell you more.
    Thanks NewtoHK11, your numbers seem to coincide with what recruiters are hinting at, so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier
    if you are so tight in cash flow then you'd better negotiate for a sign on to cover the lost bonus as well.
    Tried to, but as its not a front line role, they couldnt offer a signing on bonus. The increased pay makes up for it though.

Fucking hell, I'm out of touch with Operations salaries. I would have thought a VP in the back office would be earning 40-60k a month, not 120=135k. Times change I guess.

If reading your response correctly, the bank HR function is telling you one thing ie bonus at circa 10% whilst recruiters are telling you a bonus of circa 30%. You realise that recruiters cannot be trusted so you will need to have the recruiters make the bank aware of what your bonus expectations are, presumably you obtained this role through an agency and not directly with the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Fucking hell, I'm out of touch with Operations salaries. I would have thought a VP in the back office would be earning 40-60k a month, not 120=135k. Times change I guess.
    I think your numbers are more realistic lol.

Ok guys, thanks for all the input. Seems to be a disparity between the potential bonus figures, so its unfortunate that there is no one currently working as a VP in operations, who could give a more conclusive respond.

By the way, times really have changed.

Interesting discussion, thanks again all!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast