Like Tree6Likes

Bonus for a Vice President in Banking

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bonus for a Vice President in Banking

Hi

Currently mulling over 2 similar jobs in HK. Both are in the Operations function, one for JP Morgan and the other for Morgan Stanley. Job is Onboarding/KYC related.

Although I know what the salary is, the HR/Recruiter was not able to comment on the bonus level. Can anyone advise roughly how many months bonus can be expected for a VP in Banking Operations in HK.

Thanks

Front office would have huge variance but 50%-150% all achieveable.

In the back office I'd guess more like 10%-30%. Would be higher if you could find a similar position on the buy side (lots advertising at the moment...).

Gentle George

Thanks... if it is only 10%-30%, no wonder the recruiter was not willing to provide further details. I thought (hoped) it would have been more like 30%-60%.

Need to give further consideration then.

Thanks

Hi Chichow

As I have a lot of dependents and outgoings, (as shallow as this may seem), my only concern is my total comp. Office location is therefore irrelevant for me, and I just want an idea of the bonus, to make sure I am not taking a loss overall when moving jobs.

Thanks

You'd be getting around 2 months bonus for that position I'd guess. Traditional banking isn't as attractive as before.

What’s more surprising to me is the continued use of the term back office. Usually the people that are saving front office arses!

I’m ‘front office’

Thanks Grumbler

Chichow

Thanks

I already work in Operations and my current employer (Local/International Bank) pays 30% bonus. Whilst I would get a good pay rise to move to an American Investment Bank, it would not be worth it, if my bonus drops to 10-15%.

The equivalent hourly rate is not important to me, as my cash flow is very tight, so I just need more cash, even if it means working an extra 2-3 hours everyday.

Thanks for the advice...

Don’t mind whatever the terms... I use to do frontline sales and decided it wasn’t for me, due to my introvert nature. I much more enjoy being at the back end dealing with process and policies, over meeting with clients.

I would say that at last your bas should be circa 120-135k per month, as a bonus you should be looking at least 30%, the 10% quoted is low, very low. The HR functions are very loath to give a number obviously but they should be able to quote a percentage. Also something else to consider, its now June so you wont receive a full bonus but rather a prorated one. If you applied through an agency the recruitment agent should be able to tell you more.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast