Senior Financial Analyst salary in HK

Closed Thread

Senior Financial Analyst salary in HK

Hi all, I just received an offer from a US based company in HK for a senior financial analyst position. The salary is 390K HKD per year, or 32500 HKD per month. Housing allowance will not be provided.

Is this a fair salary? I asked for a slight 10% raise but got shot down by the HR dept in the US (my direct boss was willing to give me the raise)

Thanks for any input

Quote Originally Posted by henryhg:
    Hi all, I just received an offer from a US based company in HK for a senior financial analyst position. The salary is 390K HKD per year, or 32500 HKD per month. Housing allowance will not be provided.

Is this a fair salary? I asked for a slight 10% raise but got shot down by the HR dept in the US (my direct boss was willing to give me the raise)

Thanks for any input
    The salary would totally depend on your qualifications. A senior financial analyst role could mean 5-15 years work experience and where you are in that range is what's going to affect your salary. That and tons of other factors (degrees, qualifications, etc). HKD 32,500/month is in the range so without any more info, I'd say it's okay.

(Personally, I'd take it in a heartbeat whatever the salary is as long as I get to continue my career -- especially in the present economy!)

Anyway, congratulations on the offer!! Good luck!!

What kind of company and industry? 'Senior financial analyst' and 'US-based' sound a bit too vague to really give much feedback on.

I'd say it was low if "senior" really mean senior and financial analyst means you are doing analysis rather than admin (accounting).

I'd say it's in the low range, I'm not a senior and I'm about there.

Hi all, I think I will take the offer due to present status of the economy.. good thing to have a job at least!

Another thing is that my company needs to sponsor my work visa. Will this be a hassle? Can anyone recommend a company/agency that can do this with a reasonable fee? My boss asked one and I think he was quoted 20K HKD. Is that too high/normal fee?

Thanks.

To be honest I would not bother using an agency. All the forms are available to download online, you just fill them in and submit them. We used an agency for our first applications and it was a disaster. They were completely useless - worse, I think, than just doing it ourselves. All they did was just act as a conduit for information, ask us for the stuff on the forms and tell us what the imigration people said - usually with a huge delay in between. We got NO 'advice' on whether this or that was better to say on the forms or anything. I have learned more about immigration from reading the advice on this forum that I did from them....

For my extension I just went the DIY approach and it was fine.

Last edited by MovingIn07; 28-11-2008 at 07:32 AM.

A work visa is easy for the company to arrange- all the company needs is one admin staff with a clue.