Like Tree1Likes

Canadian doctors working in Hong Kong?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadian doctors working in Hong Kong?

Hello,

I am currently a first year family medicine resident training in Canada. Currently, I am thinking about pursuing non-surgical cosmetics after this. I recently re-visited Hong Kong (I was born there and moved to Canada) and now I am interested in moving back to Hong Kong.

Long story short, I was wondering if a Canadian medical license is recognized in Hong Kong and what kind of regulations there are for non-surgical cosmetics (I.e. Botox injections, fillers, etc.)

thanks!

Short answer is no, you will need to get a hk licence. After that you can do anything you want, cardiac Bypass, head transplant etc

Last edited by chobochobo; 16-09-2019 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    Short answer is no, you will need to get a hk licence. After that you can do anything you want, cardiac Bypass, head transplant etc
    Good luck to the OP trying to get one, the medical licensing exams in HK are well known for being almost unpassable.

Yes, that's what people say but the hundreds of licentiate doctors working in HK would be evidence to the contrary.

But I concede that it's not a walk in the park, you will need to study like it's finals all over again.

I am not sure what is required for things like Botox- don't they do those in "medical spas" over here? I think if the OP wants to go into something like that (I'm guessing the business is good judging from the number that exist) it may be possible. In the US a lot of these treatments are not required to be done by a doctor and I think it may be the same here.

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    But I concede that it's not a walk in the park, you will need to study like it's finals all over again.
    Hundreds passed, but out of how many candidates?

Wut?

Ah, ninja editing.

Re: Botox / "Medical Aesthetics"

Here's the document that outlines the current issues.

https://www.legco.gov.hk/research-pu...-e.pdf?noembed

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    I am not sure what is required for things like Botox- don't they do those in "medical spas" over here? I think if the OP wants to go into something like that (I'm guessing the business is good judging from the number that exist) it may be possible. In the US a lot of these treatments are not required to be done by a doctor and I think it may be the same here.
    Nope, cosmetic type injectables need to be given by a doctor. Any clinic doing otherwise is breaking the law
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast